Registration of Birth and Issue of Passport to Minors
Registration of Birth of Minors
For registration of birth of a child born in Venezuela or territories under concurrent jurisdiction of the Embassy of India, Caracas, the application must be made online. For detailed information in this regard, applicants are requested to visit the website of Ministry of Home Affairs http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in. Embassy will not be able to register birth if online application has not been submitted in accordance with the procedure outlined here.
2. For accessing the form, please go to the Ministry of Home Affairs website by typing in address http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/Ic_Form_Public.aspx
3. Please click on Registration of birth of a minor child at an Indian Consulate under Section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955.
4) Click 'Apply Online' button to fill up the form.
- Each online application form is meant for one person only. Separate application has to be filed for each applicant.
- The online form should be filled in Block/Capital letters only.
- Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms, especially the names, address and date of birth.
- Applicants should verify the application details before submitting the online application.
- Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, then further modifications are not allowed.
- After filing all the details in the online application form, the form is to be saved, printed, signed and submitted to the Embassy of India Caracas, along with other documents and prescribed fee.
5) As soon as the form is submitted, a MHA File number will be generated automatically and will appear on the screen as an acknowledgement. The applicants are advised to note down the MHA File Number for further correspondence and online status tracking.
6) Applicant should take print out of the filled up online application by clicking the Print application tab from the main menu.
7) After clicking on Print application tab from the main menu, the applicant should enter his/her MHA File Number and date of Birth as an identity to access the submitted application. A PDF application form shall be displayed with the option of pasting applicant's recent passport size photograph. Recent passport size photograph of the applicant should be affixed on each form in the prescribed space. Photograph to be affixed on the application should be of square shape of size not less than 35*35 mm (with 80% coverage by face). It should have light colour background (not white) without border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in the middle of the photograph. It should not be stapled and should not have any signature. Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing the applications.
8) The applicant should ensure to put his Signature/Thumb impression at the designated signature box on the printed application form before forwarding it to the Embassy. A person, who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. Parents /guardians must sign on their behalf in the prescribed column.
9) The signed hard copy of the online application form, along with the requisite supporting documents for grant of citizenship are to be submitted in triplicate to the Consular Section of the Embassy. The Consular Section of the Embassy will validate and upload the scanned copy of the documents enclosed with the application form.
10) If the application is made within one year of the birth of the child as per above-mentioned process and subject to completing the eligibility criteria as per Ministry of Home Affairs regulation, the Embassy shall do the birth registration and provide Indian citizenship to the newly born child. In case, the application is made after one year of birth of the child, the process is the same; however applications are required to be forwarded to the Ministry of Home Affairs for their approval. Thereafter, on receipt of approval of Ministry of Home Affairs only, the Embassy will register the birth of the child as an Indian citizen. Passport can be issued to the child only after he has been registered as Indian citizen and Passport application form along with documents/photographs and prescribed fee has been submitted.
11)The following documents should be forwarded to the Embassy along with the printed application form:
- A Copy of the birth certificate of the child along with its certified translation, if the birth certificate is not in English. Any cuttings/overwriting should be attested.
- A copy of the Indian Passport of both the parents.
- A copy of the certificate of Indian citizenship if acquired by registration/naturalization.
- A copy of the marriage certificate of the parents.
- A declaration that the minor child does not hold the passport of any other country.
- Fee should be paid in accordance with the Consular Fee Schedule.
Note: The applicants are advised to go through the provisions of Indian Citizenship Act, 1955 thoroughly and the rules framed there under before submitting the application for grant of Indian Citizenship to their newly born child.